Be an educated voter! Come to the Board of Ed Candidate Forum on October 23rd, 7:00 PM at PS 16 96 Sussex St. & Washington. Then get out and exercise your democratic right!
Date: Sunday, Oct. 26th (rain date, Sun. Nov. 2nd)
Time: 12:30-3:30 pm
12:30-1:15 Onsite kids registration.
1:00-2:00 kids competition
2:00-2:15 winners announcement
2:15-2:45 Onsite Dog registration
2:30-3:15 Dog competition
3:15-3:30 Winners announcements
Don't worry you can buy entries for your contestants at the entrance to the park.
Your donation will benefit:
Paulus Hook Park Renovation Fund
Liberty Humane Society
See Spot Rescued (SSR is our local Dog Rescue Organization)
GOOD NEIGHBOR OF THE YEAR AWARD
To celebrate benevolence, charitable contributions, and neighborly acts of kindness in Paulus Hook.
- Individuals, business owners/operators, and nonprofit organizations (hereinafter collectively referred to as “neighbors” or “individuals”) shall be considered in recognition for contributions and good deeds that have benefitted the people of Paulus Hook, or improved the quality of life in Paulus Hook.
- A qualifying neighbor need not live in or operate a business in Paulus Hook; however, preference shall be given to those who do.
- Multiple awards may be conferred in any given year to honor individuals as part of a larger group or effort.
- Multiple awards may be conferred in any given year to honor individuals whose contributions are wholly distinct, yet equally commendable.
- Qualifying contributions and good deeds shall have occurred, or rendered the respective benefit(s), no earlier than December 1st of the immediately preceding calendar year, and no later than November 30th of the current award year.*
- Contributions and good deeds may be deemed as benefitting the community of Paulus Hook even though those acts do not benefit each and every resident of Paulus Hook; however, preference may be given to acts that do benefit the neighborhood of Paulus Hook on a larger scale.
* This guideline may be overruled in reasonably unique and limited circumstances.
1. Individuals presently serving as an Officer or Director of the HPHA Board shall generally be deemed disqualified.**
** This guideline may be overruled in reasonably unique and limited circumstances. An example of a reasonable exception to this guideline would be when a board member is being honored as part of a larger group or effort that is wholly distinct from the HPHA.
2. Neighbors who have previously received this award shall be deemed disqualified.
3. Individuals who serve in public office shall generally be deemed disqualified in connection with contributions made in the course of or in alignment with one’s respective function and role in public office.